Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hello Tuesday!

Today was going to be such a great day... until I looked out the window and saw... SNOW. Seriously??
What a damper on my life. But I digest.

Yesterday's lesson went well, we covered the songs I'll be singing for my jury, and once again, my voice got tired before I was done. What is the deal? I'm still struggling with keeping the "egg in the mouth" sound consistent, and it's not working out so well. Trying to keep my soft palate from dropping is a struggle that I'm really starting to get annoyed with too. Garr!!! It's so frustrating! And yesterday, during the chorale concert, I felt like I literally had nothing to give. It was the first time I'd ever felt...how do I put this...not excited? I wasn't thrilled to be performing chorally, and usually I am. I love singing in choirs or small groups! The sound that is created is so amazing, and sometimes (in my opinion) much better than any one person alone (with the exception of Dr. Hepworth!!!).

I think it's the stress of trying to finish everything up before school is out, and we only have about 2 weeks left! We're all down to the wire, and life overall is becoming frustrating. I'm so ready to relax here in town this summer.

1 comment:

  1. My guess is that you are not "exercising" the voice enough. You might not be spending DAILY time practicing or singing, so when you have a half hour of constant vocalizing, you are tiring quickly. Also, you might want to take in consideration the following possibilities...
    1. Exhaustion
    2. Speaking too much
    3. Your hormone cycles
    4. Allergies
    5. Coughing, clearing the throat frequently
    Any one of the above items (or even worse--a combination of the above items) can lead to vocal fatigue. Try singing a little more often each day....short, frequent bursts of vocalization.
    Give it a try....especially this summer. You will see a difference in the long run.

    ReplyDelete