Thursday, April 7, 2011

Good morning, Thursday.

This week's lesson went really well! Pie Jesu went pretty good, and Dr. Hepworth gave me several pointers about improving sound and resonance. I have to constantly think about having an egg in my mouth. But not the back of my mouth, or else I'd mentally choke.

Bahaha.

However, this has helped me move the sound to the back of my mouth, while keeping it bright in my nose. It makes more sense doing it than explaining it. I'm still struggling with consistency, but it's starting to come together.
Alma del Core went so-so, my voice got tired so fast during my lesson! Yuck! Kudos to those humans out there who can sing and sing and sing (and sing some more) and THEN get tired. Oh well. Maybe I'll get there some day.

I'm looking forward to next semester because Dr. Hepworth and I discussed some new material for next year and I am STOKED!!! Sooooooo stoked.

1 comment:

  1. HA! Please don't choke....that would be most unfortunate. I don't think I could handle it if you happened to pass out because of an imaginary egg.
    I am really glad that imagery gave you the ability to change the space in your mouth so that you were experiencing more resonance! That is such an important concept to get across, especially when we have so many other things to think about as well. Stay rested my dear....keep up the great work!
    Oh, and set up a rehearsal schedule with Mr. Phil for your jury!!!

    ReplyDelete