Friday, March 4, 2011

It's Friday!!!

Yes! Today is the Friday before spring break, and unfortunately I'm not going anywhere except work next week. But while all the other ankle biters are partying hardy in South Padre or Cali, I'll be rolling in the dough! Wait, I take that back. I don't eat bread anymore, except on special occasions.

But I digress.

This week's lesson went really well! We covered The Green Dog's last page a few times, and, during some much-needed practice, I think I finally have it! I've also been working on some super hilarious facial expressions and body/hand gestures. Pretty excited :)

I've had more fun with this song than any other solo piece I've done. It's so funny! And as much as I'd like to deck myself out entirely in green, somehow my wardrobe won't allow it. I don't have enough green! How is this possible?!

It's memorized, and since it's a short song, that's not super amazing... However, Alma Del Core is almost memorized, minus the middle section, and that IS amazing! Pie Jesu is coming along nicely, and it'll be good to add some new "blood" to the lineup after break. I'm ready for it!

1 comment:

  1. You are a hoot....I absolutely love reading your blogs. I am glad to see that Alma del Core is almost there! I bet you are ready to move on to some new literature!
    Were you able to practice during break? I bet you are exhausted from working!
    Looking forward to our lesson tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete